This 24 Ultra Run event offers a stunning setting for a personal or team challenge. The test will be physical but more importantly will test you mentally! How will you cope as the hours tick by? Are you interested in seeing how you will respond to the body wanting you to stop? Teams will have to decide the best tactics, and the team ethic and support will be key!
Ashburnham Place, near Battle, East Sussex TN33 9NF.
Start 2pm Saturday October 3rd 2015 - and finishes 2pm Sunday October 5th 2015.
Run as far as you can in 24hrs! Based on off-road routes within the grounds, you can enter as a Solo, as a pair, team of 4, or a team of 6-8. Stamina, fitness, tactics, team spirit, determination will all be important. This is not about being the fastest runner, but maybe being tough and smart!
Apart from a professional, fun and challenging event in a great location! Each entrant will receive:
1. 24 Hour Finishers Technical T-Shirt and 24 Hour Finishers Medal
2. 24 Hour Catering in Race HQ Marquee
. Camping, situated next to race HQ and the race route from Sat 3rd - Sunday 4th October 2015. No camping allowed Sunday night
5. Full medical cover over race weekend.
This our third year of the 24 Ultra Run and second year of the 50 MILE NIGHT RUN and offers a stunning setting for a personal or Team challenge.
The test will be physical but more importantly will test you mentally!
How will you cope as the hours tick by?
Are you interested in seeing how you will respond to the body wanting you to stop?
Teams will have to decide the best tactics, and the team ethic and support will be key!
The venue, Ashburnham Place is a private Christian Retreat; it is not open for public use. If you would like to contact Ashburnham Place please visit their website
The event starts at 2pm Saturday 3rd October 2015 and will Finish 2pm Sunday 4th October 2015. 50 Mile Night run starts at 6pm Sat 3rd
Sunset on Saturday evening is expected to be 7pm with sunrise on Sunday morning around 6:45am.
Will open Saturday 3rd Oct from 10am. Camping opens Friday 2nd Oct ( additional £10 per person if you stay Friday Night)
South lawns, Ashburnham Place is the race village for the weekend. Registration, camping, food tents, athlete area etc will all be within the race village giving a great atmosphere throughout the weekend.
You are welcome to bring a POP UP Gazebo to create your own "Team" area. Please notify us so we can allocate the space. We also have available 3m x 3m Gazebos which can be hired for the weekend. Gazebo will be next to the Race Village and run course giving as last year the chance to encourage and help your competitors.
Same as last year but TBC. Please see download below for the overview map. The map has 2 routes; a 3rd section may be added once confirmed.
2-3 routes will be used throughout the 24 hours. A one-mile route, which will be fairly flat and centralised to the Race HQ. This will be used more during the night and towards the end of the challenge when competitors need more motivation! The larger loops will be around 2-3 miles in length; these loops will include some climbing and descending. (TBC)
Run routes are on the solid walking tracks within the grounds. If the weather is extremely wet leading into the event then these will get muddy, therefore a trail (off-road) running shoe will be required. Information will be updated regularly leading up to the event on conditions of the course etc. Course photos below.
Please be aware that routes etc could change slightly subject to weather, safety etc.
50 MILE OVERNIGHT RUN - 6pm Sat 3rd Oct - Sunday
Check out the 50 Mile Run Page on this website.
DOWNLOAD COURSE LAYOUT
• These will be updated and confirmed nearer the event, but it is fairly straightforward! Whether you are a solo or a team the goal is to cover the 100 miles in 24 hours. This year you will each receive a certificate.
• One team member out on the course at any time, with a minimum of 25 laps (50 miles) within 24hrs to collect your "finishers" medal and T-shirt) , i.e. design your own tactics, you could change team members every lap if you feel that is the best tactic!
• Solo’s – You will be allowed one SOLO ASSIST – who can come out onto the course with you to encourage, hold fluid / food etc at 25 laps or 12 hrs.
• Each Team will be supplied with a timing chip (and ankle strap) you will be required to swap the chip to your team member during changeover.
• Solos will keep their own chip on throughout the 24 Hours.
• Camel backs for fluid, gels, food etc are encouraged.
• We ask that litter is not dropped out on the course and is thrown in the bins as you pass through race HQ.
• During the 24 Hours catering will be supplied and food vouchers can be purchased on day for spectators.
• Menu’s etc will be released nearer the event. The food was yummy last year and we will again have Ultra Althletes preparing the onsite food during the 24hrs, work well last year
• Spectators can purchase a food wristband on race weekend.
Event camping will open on Friday 2nd October 2014 from Midday. If you plan to stay Friday, you will need to pay venue an additional night (£10) Camping is not allowed on the Sunday night after the event, but ashburnham does have rooms available for all the nights. You will receive emails leading up to the event asking you to confirm the number of camping spaces required for the weekend.
IMPORTANT - Dogs are not allowed at Ashburnham Place.
1. You should obviously ensure you have the necessary fitness and health to participant in an long distance endurance event.
2. The course is lite with Glow lights but each athlete running during hours of darkness MUST have a working head torch.
3. Competitor Wrist Bands must be worn throughout the weekend.
4. Please ensure you bring clothing for all weathers. You will need several changes of clothes, foot wear etc. Sweat or rain will make you cold when you stop. Warm, dry clothes to change into throughout the event will be essential to stop you getting cold, aid recovery, improve performance and the good of your health!
5. Vaseline! This could be very important to stop any chafing and blisters.
Prizes & Results
Competitors will be able to view lap times, distance and standings throughout the 24 hour event. Trophy & Prize lists will be announced nearer the race. There will be prizes for overall, targets distances, quickest laps, team prizes and more. Each solo athlete to complete the event will receive a Solo Finishers t-shirt, in addition to the event t-shirt and bespoke finishers medal.
Toilets will be based at Race HQ. There will not be showers at Race HQ unless you have booked a room.
More race information and details will be confirmed over the coming weeks and months, please keep checking the race website and your emails.
Images from the course...
TL SPorts Events UK Ltd. | Telephone: +44 (0) 1424 810096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org