2015 - 50 Mile Overnight Run
weekend of 3rd Oct 2014 starting at 6pm
Following on from the success of this year's 24 Hour Ultra Run for the 2nd year running we have included within our a 50 Mile Overnight Run.
Teams of 4 £145
This is a unique challenge and again is open to individuals, pairs and teams of 4, 6 and 8 and is the perfect training run for those wishing to take part in a 24 Hour Ultra race.
This Overnight Run event offers a stunning setting for a personal or team challenge. The test will be physical but more importantly will test you mentally! How will you cope as the hours tick by? Are you interested in seeing how you will respond to the body wanting you to stop? Teams will have to decide the best tactics, and the team ethic and support will be key!
Ashburnham Place, near Battle, East Sussex TN33 9NF.
This run starts at 6pm on Saturday 3rd October and finishes 6am on Sunday 4th Oct 2015
To run 50 Miles in 12 hours! Based on off-road routes within the grounds, you can enter as a Solo, as a pair, team of 4, or a team of 6-8. Stamina, fitness, tactics, team spirit, determination will all be important. This is not about being the fastest runner, but maybe being tough and smart!
Apart from a professional, fun and challenging event in a great location! Each entrant will receive:
1. Finishers Technical T-Shirt and Finishers Medal
2. Catering in Race HQ Marquee
3. Camping, situated next to race HQ and the race route. ( Friday night additional £10, no camping Sunday night but rooms are available)
5. Full medical cover.
This our second year of running the 50 Mile Overnight Event offers a stunning setting for a personal or Team challenge. The test will be physical but more importantly will test you mentally! How will you cope as the hours tick by? Are you interested in seeing how you will respond to the body wanting you to stop? Teams will have to decide the best tactics, and the team ethic and support will be key!
The venue, Ashburnham Place is a private Christian Retreat; it is not open for public use. If you would like to contact Ashburnham Place please visit their website
The event starts at 6pm on Saturday 3rd October and will Finish at 6 am Sunday 4th October 2015.
Will open Saturday 3rd Oct from 1pm. Camping opens Saturday morning, please arrive no earlier than 9am.
South lawns, Ashburnham Place is the race village for the weekend. Registration, camping, massage, food tents, athlete area etc will all be within the race village giving a great atmosphere throughout the weekend.
You are welcome to bring a POP UP Gazebo to create your own "Team" area. Please notify us so we can allocate the space. We also have available 3m x 3m Gazebos which can be hired for the weekend, (these can be booked online). Gazebo will be next to the Race Village and run course giving as last year the chance to encourage and help your competitors.
Please see download below for the overview map. The map has 2 routes; a 3rd section may be added once confirmed. (TBC)
2-3 routes will be used throughout the run. A one-mile route, which will be fairly flat and centralised to the Race HQ. This will be used more during the night and towards the end of the challenge when competitors need more motivation! The larger loops will be around 2-3 miles in length; these loops will include some climbing and descending. (TBC)
Run routes are on the solid walking tracks within the grounds. If the weather is extremely wet leading into the event then these will get muddy, therefore a trail (off-road) running shoe
• These will be updated and confirmed nearer the event, but it is fairly straightforward! Whether you are a solo or a team the goal is to cover the 50 miles in 12 hours.
• One team member out on the course at any time, with a minimum of, so design your own tactics, you could change team members every lap if you feel that is the best tactic!
• Each Team will be supplied with a timing chip (and ankle strap) you will be required to swap the chip to your team member during changeover.
• Solos will keep their own chip on throughout the 12 Hours.
• Camel backs for fluid, gels, food etc are encouraged.
• We ask that litter is not dropped out on the course and is thrown in the bins as you pass through race HQ.
• During the 12 Hours catering will be supplied with food. Vouchers can be purchased for spectators, supports
• Menu’s etc will be released nearer the event. The food was yummy last year
• Spectators can purchase a food wristband on race weekend.
Event camping will open on Saturday 3rd Oct from 9am. Camping is not allowed on the Sunday night after the event. You will receive emails leading up to the event asking you to confirm the number of camping spaces required for the weekend.
IMPORTANT - Dogs are not allowed at Ashburnham Place.
1. You should obviously ensure you have the necessary fitness and health to participant in an long distance endurance event.
2. The course is lite with Glow lights but each athlete running during hours of darkness must have a working head torch.
3. Competitor Wrist Bands must be worn throughout the weekend.
4. Please ensure you bring clothing for all weathers. You will need several changes of clothes, sweat or rain will make you cold when you stop. Warm, dry clothes to change into throughout the event will be essential to stop you getting cold, aid recovery, improve performance and the good of your health!
5. Vaseline! This could be very important to stop any chafing and blisters.
Prizes & Results
Competitors will be able to view lap times, distance and standings throughout the event.
Trophy & Prize lists will be announced nearer the race. (TBC)
There will be prizes for overall, targets distances, quickest laps, team prizes and more. (TBC)
Each solo athlete to complete the event will receive a Solo Finishers t-shirt, in addition to the event t-shirt and bespoke finishers medal.
Toilets will be based at Race HQ. There will not be showers at Race HQ unless you have booked a room.
More race information and details will be confirmed over the coming weeks and months, please keep checking the race website and your emails.
will be required. Information will be updated regularly leading up to the event on conditions of the course etc. Course photos below.
Please be aware that routes etc could change slightly subject to weather, safety etc.
TL SPorts Events UK Ltd. | Telephone: +44 (0) 1424 810096 | Email: email@example.com